Floyd Mayweather Jr., the boxing megamillionaire who has had his own issues with controversial race-related comments, said he has an interest in purchasing the Los Angeles Clippers, which likely will be up for sale by banned owner Donald Sterling after NBA owners vote to force him to sell, as suggested by the league’s commissioner.Mayweather, a regular at Clippers and Lakers games in Los Angeles, met with a group of reporters in a VIP lounge at the MGM Grand, where he will face fellow welterweight titleholder Marcos Maidana in a unification fight in a Showtime network pay-per-view main event on Saturday night.Insisting he was serious, Mayweather said he spoke with his adviser, Al Haymon, about teaming with Mayweather Promotions chief executive Leonard Ellerbe, Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer and possibly others to make a bid for the Clippers.“I called Al about that to see if me, Leonard and Al, and hopefully Richard and a couple of other guys, a couple other of my billionaire guys, we can come together and see what we can come up with,” Mayweather said. “Hopefully, we can do it, and it’s not just talk.“With me, I can’t come in talking about Mayweather only gonna get 3 percent, 4 percent. I got to get a solid percentage. Do we want to buy the Clippers? Yes, we do. We are very, very interested in buying the Clippers. We’ll keep the Clippers right where they’re at. When I’m not boxing, I’m at the games all the time. We do want to buy the Clippers. . .. and we can afford the Clippers.”Mayweather, an avid sports gambler in Las Vegas, where he lives, added, “Once I get ownership in the Clippers I can no longer bet, so I have to stop that completely.”Mayweather, whose $73.5 million in minimum purses for his two fights in 2013 made him the world’s highest-paid athlete, said his interactions with Sterling had been positive.“Donald Sterling, he’s been getting a lot of negative press and my thing is this–I don’t have nothing negative to say about this guy,” Mayweather said. “He’s always treated me with the utmost respect. He has always invited me to games, always. Has always told me, ‘Floyd, I want you to sit right next to me and my wife.’ I don’t know about the [alleged] mistress. But I’m talking about him and the wife.”Schaefer, who has been promoting his fights since 2007, said: “When (Mayweather) tells you guys he’s interested in buying the Clippers, he’s not just saying that for an interview. He’s really serious about it and I’m sure he could rally the necessary people around him to support him in a bid like that.”Mayweather is not the only celebrity to show interest in buying the team. Music and film mogul David Geffen also could be a candidate, according to the Los Angeles Times.Mayweather’s own past issues with making racist remarks could prove to be a hurdle, as could his history of legal troubles and affinity for gambling. He has been known to often wager six-figure sums on NBA games.In 2010, he unleashed a profanity-filled rant with racial overtones in an Internet video against Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, with whom he has not been able to make a deal to fight in what would be boxing’s biggest event.
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe spoke to the press of his disappointment after losing 2-1 at home to Manchester United at Vitality Stadium on Saturday.Callum Wilson opened the scoring for AFC Bournemouth but Anthony Martial equalized before the break, but a stoppage-time goal by Marcus Rashford left Eddie Howe and his team empty-handed.“It’s a tough one for us today. I think a lot of the aspects of our game were really good, especially during the opening period. We passed the ball well and there was a really good intensity to our play.” Howe said at a post-match press conference, via AFCB.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“We were disappointed at half-time that we weren’t winning and we felt that we deserved to be leading by more than one. We knew the second half was going to be a different game.“Manchester United changed things and made substitutions but I was pleased with my players attitudes to the game and they gave everything to the match.“It was one of the best first-half performances I’ve seen us have in the Premier League since being promoted. I can’t fault anyone in terms of effort.”
Maurizio Sarri feels Chelsea could have won better but lost a bit of focus that allowed Brighton back into the match on Sunday.Sarri’s men ran away 2-1 winners over Brighton thanks to goals from Pedro and Eden Hazard but Italian manager Sarri wasn’t too satisfied with the manner of the victory.“I think that we could have won better,” Sarri said as cited by team talk.Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…“We played very well for 60 minutes. We conceded a goal when we were in full control. In my mind it was clear in that moment that we had to suffer in the box, we are not a physical team. I tried with the substitutions to have more of a physical presence.“When we have the feeling to be in control of the match it is dangerous for ourselves. The first situation in our box in 30 minutes, I think we were a bit unlucky. When we are sure to be in control of the match.“Complacency? I don’t know.”
Family of four displaced after house fire in La Jolla SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A house fire in La Jolla displaced a family of four Thursday and caused an estimated $650,000 worth of damage, authorities reported.The non-injury blaze in the 2200 block of Calle Guaymas erupted about 9:15 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.It took firefighters about 25 minutes to extinguish the flames, which spread through about half of the single-story residence, SDFRD spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.Investigators determined that the fire started in a master-bathroom closet due to an electrical problem.The monetary losses were set at $500,000 to the structure and $150,000 to contents, Munoz said. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter November 1, 2018 KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, Posted: November 1, 2018
Baba BhaskarTwitter/StarMaaBigg Boss is all about controversies between 15 people who live together in a house for 100 days. Of course, one contestant gets eliminated every week. But each contestant competes with the other and that is something we all are interested in seeing.The Telugu Bigg Boss season 3 has been in the middle of controversies since its beginning. In the third week of the show, with 2 contestants have been eliminated and a wild card entry, the total count stands at 14 people now.While all the contestants are involved in some argument, fight and controversy, there are three contestants in this house who are least bothered about what is happening around them. Wondering who they are? Let us tell you that it is none other than Baba master, Himaja and Ashu Reddy.The three contestants have been playing the game really well. Well, Baba master is in fact the hero of the house for being a really good person. He takes care of everyone in the house and does all the possible house chores. In fact, he even cooks for everybody.Himaja and Ashu Reddy have both been courteous with the contestants and are making sure that they don’t get into unnecessary arguments and fights. Himaja ReddyTwitter/StarMaaThough contestants call Himaja an aggressive person, she has explanations for being so and is pretty much clear about what she wants, what she bears and what she doesn’t.Ashu Reddy also looks plain hearted and is not getting into any unnecessary fights. She is completing her tasks, doing the assigned work and is genuine with everyone without grudges for her fellow contestants.These people, especially in Bigg Boss house, are pretty rare to find. This is why these people have a special place in the audience’s heart.
.Customs officials detained a young man along with 65 gold bars, weighing 6.5kg, at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday night.The detainee is Md Rajib Dewan, 35, from Munshiganj district. He landed at the airport around 11:00pm by a flight of Singapore Airlines (flight no-SQ446) from Singapore.On secret information, a team of customs followed Rajib from the boarding bridge, said Othello Chowdhury, deputy commissioner of Dhaka Customs House.He denied carrying anything illegal when asked by customs officials while crossing the green channel.After searching his body, the team recovered six packets wrapped with scotch tap which was hidden in his pants, Othello said.Later, a total of 65 gold bars, worth around Tk 30.25 million were recovered from the packets.
Cabinet approves proposed national budget for 2019-20FYThe government has promoted 136 officials to the rank of joint secretary.The public administration ministry issued a gazette notification on Sunday in this regard.