The decomposed body of a Corentyne farmer was on Thursday found at a friend’s house at Number 58 Village, Corentyne, Berbice. The dead man has been identified as Jameer Ibrahim, also called “Bruck Wing”, and it is suspected that he died from natural causes since no visible marks of violence were observed on his body.Ibrahim, of Number 55 Village, Corentyne, had left home a few days prior to his demise. Based on reports received, the dead man suffers from epilepsy and might have suffered a seizure and died. It is speculated that his friend was too intoxicated to solicit assistance.Guyana Times understands that Ibrahim died on Tuesday and was left in the house until his friend, who is also an alcoholic went to the dead man’s house to inform his parents.Based on reports received, the two friends would frequent drinking spots in the community. However, following the discovery was the man’s decomposed body, the friend was taken into custody. He told investigators that Ibrahim fell unconscious and he tried to revive him but to no avail.Instead of soliciting assistance, the friend claimed that he continued to consume alcohol and eventually fell asleep. As the body started decomposing, the friend went to Ibrahim’s family and related what occurred. The Police at Number 51 Village were immediately informed of the situation, but the ranks turned up at the scene four hours later.The Police later informed the dead man’s father that the family would have to stand the expense of removing the body to a mortuary. Guyana Times was told that it cost the family $105,000 to transport the body to Georgetown since the funeral homes in Berbice refused to accept the deceased due to the state of decomposition.At the scene, eyewitnesses related that due to the state of decomposition, the man’s face was unrecognisable.The body is at the Lyken’s Funeral Home awaiting a post-mortem on Wednesday. The friend of the dead man was subsequently released but was asked to report to the Police on a daily basis.
0Shares0000Henry is still waiting for his first win as a head coach after two games in charge at Monaco © AFP / Thomas SAMSONBRUGES, Belgium, Oct 24 – An injury-hit Monaco failed to give Thierry Henry his first win as a head coach with a 1-1 Champions League draw at Club Brugge on Wednesday.Moussa Sylla raised hopes of Monaco ending an 11-match winless streak by opening the scoring just after the half-hour mark at the Jan Breydel Stadium, but Wesley struck for the Belgian champions to secure a point. “We are a little less negative than at Strasbourg,” said Henry, after a defeat by Strasbourg in his coaching bow on Saturday. “But a draw is a draw, it’s not a victory.”The principality club have now also gone 11 Champions League games without a victory since their thrilling 6-3 aggregate triumph over Borussia Dortmund in the 2016-17 quarter-finals.Henry, who took over from the sacked Leonardo Jardim earlier this month, saw his young side put in a spirited display despite being depleted by a raft of injuries, although the result leaves both sides facing elimination from Group A.“It’s not easy to get points away from home, but we’re not going to get carried away,” added the 41-year-old former Arsenal star.“They had more of the ball than we did but we were pretty solid.”Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid lead the way, five points clear of Monaco and Brugge, ahead of their meeting at Signal Iduna Park later on Wednesday.“We deserved to win, we were the better team on the pitch and we created a lot of opportunities,” bemoaned Brugge coach Ivan Leko.“On one hand I’m pleased with what my players showed, on the other I’m disappointed not to win.”Monaco will now hope it is a case of third time lucky under Henry when they host Dijon on Saturday, looking to drag themselves out of the Ligue 1 relegation zone.Henry was forced to hand a full debut to 20-year-old fourth-choice goalkeeper Loic Badiashile in West Flanders, with Danijel Subasic and Diego Benaglio out injured and Seydou Sy, who made a dreadful error at Strasbourg, not registered to play in the Champions League.– Jovetic joins injury list –Nothing was going right for Monaco’s new coach, as after Radamel Falcao had hobbled off injured on Saturday, Henry was left without a senior striker when Stevan Jovetic had to be replaced by teenager Sofiane Diop in only the 12th minute.But his fellow 18-year-old Sylla put the visitors ahead in the 32nd minute, darting onto Aleksandr Golovin’s through ball and sliding home his maiden Champions League goal.Sylla should have doubled the lead before half-time as he raced clear of home goalkeeper Karlo Letica, only to roll the ball wide of an empty net.He was made to pay just seconds later, as Brazilian forward Wesley saw his header take a big deflection off Monaco centre-back Kamil Glik and spin past the despairing dive of Badiashile.Brugge continued to create chances in the second half, but after a flowing move which sliced Monaco open, captain Ruud Vormer hacked his strike well over the crossbar.After a nervous moment when Badiashile lost possession outside his own area, Monaco went straight up the other end and nearly retook the lead when Golovin’s drive was beaten away by Letica.Henry, who was assistant coach to Roberto Martinez for Belgium during their run to the World Cup semi-finals, replaced substitute Diop with midfielder Jean-Eudes Aholou in an attempt to seal a point, but they needed a massive slice of luck to escape with a draw.With Martinez watching on in the stands, 18-year-old Belgian Lois Openda wasted a glorious opportunity deep into added time, heading wide from barely two yards out with an open goal to aim at.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Dhule: People of Maharashtra are in favour of the BJP and its alliance, which will secure a big majority in the forthcoming Assembly polls, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis expressed confidence here on Friday.His remarks come amid questions being raised whether the BJP and its ally, Shiv Sena, will contest the polls together as both the parties have been staking claim for the chief minister’s post. Fadnavis, who arrived here as part of his ‘Mahajanadesh Yatra’, also took swipe at the NCP over its similar pre-election mass contact initiative called ‘Shivswarajya Yatra’, saying his outreach campaign had filled other parties with enthusiasm. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM'”The people’s mandate is strongly in favour of the BJP and our alliance in the country and in Maharashtra. And I am sure, we will secure big majority out of it,” Fadnavis said, without naming the Shiv Sena. Fadnavis claimed that people feel the BJP-led government alone can fulfill their aspirations and therefore, his yatra has been receiving huge response. The chief minister alleged that Maharashtra lagged behind in terms of growth during the Congress-NCP rule.