MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to carefully scrutinize the proposed 2020 national budget once it is sent to him for signature by the Senate and House of Representatives. President Rodrigo Duterte. PCOO “The public is assured that the President will carefully scrutinize whatever appropriations bill that will be transmitted to his office by Congress to ensure that the same would be in accordance with the imperatives of the Constitution and responsive to the needs of the Filipino people before it becomes a law,” he added. The Senate, in a 22-0 voting on Wednesday, has approved the proposed P4.1-trillion national budget, paving the way for a bicameral conference composed of senators and congressmen who will reconcile the disagreeing provisions in the budget bill. Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said Malacañang hopes that the bicameral conference committee would be able to reconcile the conflicting provisions “without prolonged partisan discussion and undue delay.” Early this year, the government was forced to operate on a reenacted budget after Congress failed to pass this year’s budget before 2018 ended following lawmakers’ squabble over alleged insertions. “The Office of the President welcomes this development given that this budget per the Department of Budget and Management, aims to fund programs and projects that will help accelerate investments in public infrastructure, improve anti-poverty measures, and intensify employment generation,” Panelo said. The P3.662-trillion national budget was only signed by President Duterte in April even as he vetoed P95.3 billion worth of items under the Department of Public Works and Highways that were outside the government’s programmed priorities./PN
The 30-year-old has reeled off nine successive wins since losing to rival Anthony Joshua in December 2015, with that stoppage defeat the only blemish on his professional record.”Wilder should have fought me a year ago. We’ve offered him $15 million, and he’s going to make $1m or $2m fighting Breazeale. Why?” Whyte said. “I’m your No. 1 challenger, I’m a bigger name than Breazeale, I bring more to the table and I’m going repay you $15 million.”He just doesn’t want the fight. For some reason there’s something about me he sees that he doesn’t like – whether that the body punches, toughness or what, I don’t know.” Join DAZN to watch GGG in June and 100+ fight nights a yearWhyte had previously been set to take on Breazeale to decide who would become the mandatory challenger for the belt, only for the latter to then suddenly be elevated to the position.Now left in limbo, the Jamaica-born fighter has questioned why he has been overlooked by the WBC.”It’s a joke fight, it’s all politics,” Whyte told talkSPORT. “They’ve had no choice, they’ve been put in this position.”He shouldn’t be mandatory. I’ve been the number one for two years, I’ve won every single title outside the world title the WBC have to offer.”I don’t understand, how come he’s fighting Wilder?”Whyte also criticized Wilder for turning down a lucrative offer for them to face each other, believing his unbeaten rival is simply not keen to come up against him. Dillian Whyte has hit out at the WBC’s decision to order Deontay Wilder to defend his title against Dominic Breazeale, branding the fight a “joke.”The governing body issued a statement on Wednesday announcing heavyweight champion Wilder will face fellow American Breazeale next after failing to agree a deal for a rematch against Tyson Fury.