The seven-time men’s champion will face big-serving Australian Sam Groth in their third round match today at the All England Club.
Williams took a blow to the head when making a tackle early in the All Blacks’ 54-34 win over the Wallabies in Sydney on Saturday.The 32-year-old appeared to be struggling after sustaining another couple of big impacts, but did not undergo the HIA protocols.SANZAAR reviewed the incident and concluded that there had been no “deliberate failure” on the part of the world champions in the way they handled the situation.The Rugby Championship organisers, however, deemed that Williams should have been removed from the field, as footage showed he was suffering from ataxia.Andy Marinos, SANZAAR’s chief executive officer, stated: “This is an unfortunate set of circumstances given the acute focus and attention we are all applying to player safety and in particular the HIA protocols.”NZ Rugby has been proactive in its management of Sonny Bill Williams and we have full confidence in its processes to manage his return to play – as NZR has illustrated with other players such as Dane Coles and Ben Smith this year already. Photo Getty Images. Caption: New Zealand centre Sonny Bill Williams “Additionally, New Zealand Rugby has confirmed that Sonny Bill Williams is being managed in line with World Rugby HIA protocols, including HIA 3 and computer neuro-cognitive assessment, and will progress to a graduated return to play if asymptomatic.” “As a consequence, and even though there was no deliberate failure apparent, SANZAAR has taken the opportunity to strongly reinforce World Rugby HIA protocols including video analysis during the game, to all teams, match day medical staff and match officials participating in The Rugby Championship.
Jaipur, Sep 14 (PTI) A Rajasthan government order to all colleges to hold blood donation camps on the birth anniversary of Jan Sangh ideologue Deendayal Upadhyay on September 25 is headed for trouble with an organisation threatening to move court as it is likely to coincide with Eid festival. The Forum for Democracy and Communal Amity is planning to move High Court in a day or two even though the government has clarified that there will be a holiday on Eid and Principals of respective colleges will decide whom to depute for arrangements for the blood donation camps. In an order on September 2, the College Education Directorate had asked the Principals of all government and private colleges in the state to hold blood donation camps on September 25 and not allow any employee in their college to take leave and leave headquarters a day before. As per the order, 100 blood donation camps would be organised on September 25 with the participation of all the government and private colleges across the state. Mohammad Iqbal, state secretary of the Forum for Democracy and Communal Amity told PTI today that “The governments order regarding the blood donation camp will deprive Muslim employees of their rights because they will not be able to celebrate the festival of Eid with family.” Claiming that the government is adamant “despite our repeated demand” not to go ahead with it, Iqbal said, “We have spoken to our members in all the districts and we will move High Court in a day or two if the government does not take its binding orders back.” He said such blood donation camps should be organised at the party level and not at the government level. On the other hand, the Commissioner of College Education Rajendra Sharma said there will be a government holiday on Eid and it will depend on Principals as to whom to be engaged in arrangements of the blood donation camp. Principals, at their level, can decide on allowing any employee to leave headquarters on September 24, he said. “The government holiday on Eid is unchanged but some employees in colleges will have to be deployed in arrangements of holding the camps on September 25. It is for the Principal of individual college to decide which employee will be engaged in arrangements,” Sharma said. However, Iqbal said, “We have not seen any such circular in which the college directorate claims to have authorised the Principals to take decision of granting permission to employee to leave headquarters.” Sawai Singh, state President of the Forum, said the government should withdraw the order without any further delay. “No employee should be compelled for the programme. Every citizen has a right to celebrate his festival and this order is against this,” he said. PTI SDA AKK AKKadvertisement