The Department of English at the University of Houston is hiringtemporary, part-time lecturers. Instructional content areas ofparticular need are: Freshman Composition I and FreshmanComposition II. Successful applicants may also be asked to instructundergraduate courses in other areas such as literature. Thesecourses are taught in multiple formats such as face-to-faceinstruction, hybrid, and online. These positions are non-tenuretrack positions and are not benefits eligible.To apply, candidates must provide a letter of interest, a currentcurriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts and three letters ofrecommendation. Applicants are also welcome to provide a teachingphilosophy/statement and a writing sample.The University of Houston, with one of the most diverse studentbodies in the nation, seeks to recruit and retain a diversecommunity of scholars.The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction institution. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons withdisabilities are encouraged to apply.Qualifications :Masters or doctorate in English, or related field, with at least ayear of teaching at the college level.Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for afaculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of finalcandidate. All positions at the University of Houston are securitysensitive and will require a criminal history check.
West Virginia environmental regulators cancel public pipeline permit hearing over “security concerns,” then quietly issue the permit A man accused of threatening hikers along the Appalachian Trail has been arrested. Thirty-year-old James Jordan of Massachusetts, who goes by the name of “Sovereign,” was arrested in Unicoi County, Tennessee. He was carrying a large knife and is charged with possession of schedule six drugs, drug paraphernalia, and criminal impersonation. Jordan allegedly threatened hikers at a shelter along the Appalachian Trail and chased people with a shovel. He is also suspected in an assault on a juvenile along the Appalachian Trail. Unicoi County Sheriff Mike Hensley told WJHK News Channel 11 that Jordan was causing problems in Greene County and Madison County as well as in Unicoi County. Jordan is currently being held on $25,000 bond at the Unicoi County jail. The NHL will offset the airline emissions generated by players during the Stanley Cup Man accused of threatening hikers along the Appalachian Trail Is the National Hockey League going green? The NHL recently announced that they would purchase carbon credits to offset the greenhouse gases produced by flying NHL hockey teams to the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, currently underway. The NHL says that they will purchase credits to offset more than 465 metric tons of carbon emissions, which is the equivalent to taking 99 cars off of the road for one year. The NHL also publishes an annual Sustainability Report. Last year the report found that, due to climate change, the average length of the skating season may be shortened by one third in eastern Canada and by 20 percent in western Canada in the coming years. The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (WVDEP) scheduled a public hearing for a pipeline permit in Jefferson County but canceled the meeting a week before it was scheduled to take place on February 21, citing security concerns. Residents had called for a public meeting to express their questions and concerns over a 4.85-mile natural gas pipeline, which would deliver gas to Rockwool, a coal and gas manufacturing plant currently under construction in the city of Ranson. Residents asked for the meeting to be rescheduled but on March 29 the WVDEP issued the permit without holding the meeting. In an email to the West Virginia Gazette Mail the WVDEP said that public hearings are not required under the State General Water Pollution Control Permit.
The world’s largest crane vessel, Sleipnir, has lifted Wintershall Dea’s Nova field topside module from the Rosenberg WorleyParsons yard in Stavanger, Norway. The German oil company began a new Nova subsea campaign earlier this week with the installation of two manifolds in the templates on the seabed. To remind, Neptune awarded a contract to Rosenberg WorleyParsons for construction and installation of the Nova topside module on the Gjøa platform back in May 2018. First steel for the project was cut back in November 2018. The Nova field, operated by Wintershall Dea, is developed as asubsea tie-back connecting two templates to our Gjøa platform. The Nova field is located inthe Norwegian North Sea, 120 kilometres northwest of Bergen. The expectedrecoverable reserves from the field are around 80 boe, of which the majoritywill be oil. The Nova field is expected to come on stream in 2021. In August 2019, Wintershall Dea completed the installation of the subsea pipelines and umbilicals for the Nova project. Neptune Energy, the partner in the Nova field, said via its social media channels on Friday that Sleipnir was sailing towards Neptune’s Gjøa platform in the North Sea where it would be installed. When it comes to the project’s previous milestones, Wintershall Dea in May 2019 installed two subsea templates on the ocean floor in Norway, marking a major milestone for the Nova project. Wintershall Dea holds a 45per cent share in the Nova project. Other project partners are Capricorn, SpiritEnergy with 20 per cent each, and Edison Norge with the remaining 15 per cent.
Football ace, Yaya Toure, has been axed from this weekend’s Soccer Aid after offering to hire sex workers for his team-mates. Married dad Toure, 37, boasted he could bring 19 girls to the side’s five-star hotel in Cheshire. He also posted a pornographic video showing a naked woman in a bath in the group WhatsApp chat. It sparked a string of complaints from his appalled team-mates, who included several female players as well as celebrities. They called on Soccer Aid and ITV bosses to axe Toure from the game, held annually in support of children’s charity Unicef. Toure, who has three children with wife Gina, deleted the messages and issued an apology but today got the boot from Sunday’s game. An insider said: “Everyone at Soccer Aid was disgusted by Yaya’s messages. “There is a WhatsApp group for his team, the World XI, and everyone had been chatting in it. “Without being prompted, Yaya posted a video of a naked woman in a bath. “She was acting in a lewd manner and it was highly inappropriate. “He went on to say he could get 19 women like the one in the video to come to the hotel to the pleasure of those playing the match. “It was absolutely disgraceful and caused a huge amount of distress to some of the people who received the messages. “Soccer Aid is a charity game and is raising money for children. “So to have one of the players, especially one who is supposed to be a professional, making such lewd and gross suggestions is despicable.” Midfielder Yaya, who left Manchester City in 2018, sent the X-rated messages on Thursday night. The WhatsApp group was made up of his team-mates from his World XI side — including ex-Man United star Patrice Evra and female players Julie Fleeting, Lianne Sanderson and Chelcee Grimes. Players and coaches from their England XI opponents were also in the group, including Wes Brown. A string of complaints were then made to Soccer Aid and ITV, which is broadcasting the match live. Goalkeeper David James were also said to be furious. The insider added: “The messages turned the stomachs of the women, along with the men. “The atmosphere among both teams had been so good and spirits were high. These messages have really soured the mood. “Julie, Lianne and Chelcee and David James all made their feelings clear about how wrong they thought his messages were. They called for Toure to be taken off the team.” After bosses at Unicef and ITV were notified of the content, Yaya was told to delete them. Loading… He was then forced to apologise to everyone who received the messages and was warned his place in the squad was in jeopardy. However, feelings were running high during breakfast at the hotel this morning, with many feeling he should get the boot. A source explained: “Within a few minutes his messages had been deleted and Yaya got a mouthful from the bosses. “He repeatedly apologised to them and also said he was sincerely sorry for what he had posted to those in the group. “Not everyone was impressed however and it’s hard to move on from. This wasn’t just banter. “To many it felt misogynistic and wrong — and an apology just won’t cut it. “At breakfast on Friday morning it was all anyone could talk about. “There was no laughter and no one thought it was funny in the slightest. “Everyone signed up to Soccer Aid is there with one goal — to raise money for Unicef. This has cast a shadow over the event.” Toure was then told this afternoon it was the right thing for him “to step back”. This wasn’t just banter. To many it felt misogynistic and wrong. A spokesman for Soccer Aid last night told The Sun: “Inappropriate content was shared in a private group text. The message was quickly deleted and a full apology was made to all. “Soccer Aid for Unicef has discussed the above with the individual involved and he has decided to no longer continue to participate in this year’s event. “While it was an error of judgment, it was felt that the behaviour didn’t align with the values of the event and its cause, and it was the right thing for him to step back from this year’s match.” A second insider working on the charity match, which is in its 14th year, insisted that Yaya’s boasts would never have come to fruition — because of Covid-19. read also:FA presidency: Yaya Toure lambasts Cote d’Ivoire footballers for not supporting Drogba They said: “There are strict social distancing rules in place at the hotel the teams are staying at so Yaya’s suggestion to his team-mates could never have come to pass. “The hotel is blocked off solely for the teams and all those working on the game and there are rules in place. People cannot just come and go. “Yaya acted incredibly foolishly and is now paying the price for his stupidity.” This year’s match will be played behind closed doors for the first time in its history due to Covid-19 restrictions. The star-studded England squad includes Olly Murs, 36, Mark Wright, 33, and Paddy McGuinness, 47. Last year’s game raised more than £6.7million for Unicef. Funds raised this year will go to helping children battle coronavirus around the world. Like their Premier League counterparts, the Soccer Aid players will take the knee as a mark of respect to the Black Lives Matter movement before kick-off at Old Trafford. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalPeople Born In The 90-s Know What It IsThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldThis 1982 Movie Is Better Than Any Other Blockbuster Up TodayTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time
Tri Na Ceile justified even-money favouritism with an accomplished display in the Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey Mares Novice Hurdle at Kilbeggan. Settled off the early pace by Barry Geraghty, the Jessica Harrington-trained five-year-old travelled exuberantly before being ridden to take the lead at the second last. She did not have to be hard pressed, though, as she stretched away to beat Give Her Bach by four lengths. Bright Prospect lived up to his name with a solid success in the Like Kilbeggan Races On Facebook Maiden Hurdle. Liz Doyle’s 7-2 chance was one of a quartet who broke clear on the back straight, but only had Miami Present for company at the second last. Jumping the last as one, it was Brian O’Connell’s mount who found more, running out a one-length winner. Doyle said: “We upped him in trip and that made all the difference. I thought he was a two-miler but he wasn’t settling or finishing the races off. “He didn’t do very much when he hit the front because he’s never been in front in his life! “He’s progressing as he was mentally all over the place and babyish.” Press Association
Ajax Amsterdam, trailing 3-0 and down to 10 men, scored two late goals to overcome Schalke 04 in the Europa League quarter-finals on Thursday while Olympique Lyonnais won a 16-kick penalty shootout against Besiktas.Manchester United needed an extra-time goal from Marcus Rashford to beat Anderlecht 2-1 and go through 3-2 on aggregate while a 1-1 draw away to Racing Genk was enough to give Celta a 4-3 aggregate win.Four-times European champions Ajax, leading 2-0 from the first leg, appeared to be on the way out as Schalke wiped out the deficit in just under an hour and then scored again early in extra-time.Yet, despite having Joel Veltman sent off in the 80th minute, Ajax replied with a scrambled goal from Nick Viergever and a clinical effort from Amin Younes in the last 10 minutes of extra-time to bring it back to 3-2 and win 4-3 on aggregate.Schalke’s defeat, following Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund’s elimination from the Champions League this week, meant that there were no German semi-finalists in either of the European competitions for the first time since 2004/05.The Royal Blues dominated the match and looked well capable of ousting their Dutch opponents, who fielded two 17-year-olds in a side with an average age of under 23.Leon Goretzka and Guido Burgstaller scored twice in a four-minute spell early in the second half for Schalke and it got worse for Ajax when defender Veltman was sent off after picking up two yellow cards in quick succession.When Daniel Caligiuri headed Schalke’s third in the first period of extra-time, there seemed no way back for the visitors.advertisementYet Ajax never abandoned their slick passing game and grabbed an away goal when Viergever controlled a cross from Kenny Tete and managed to fire into the roof of the net with nine minutes left.Schalke lost their composure, were left wide open and Younes took advantage when he cut inside to score another for Ajax.”It’s hard to explain what happened at the end. I’m speechless really,” said Caligiuri.Brazilian Anderson Talisca scored both goals for Besiktas as they beat Lyon 2-1 to level their tie at 3-3.Alexandre Lacazette replied with a superbly-taken goal for the French side, collecting a pass and lifting it over goalkeeper Fabri for his 31st of the season in all competitions.The first six penalties in the shootout were all converted before Dusko Tosic saw Besiktas’ seventh attempt saved by Anthony Lopes, only for Christophe Jalle to send Lyon’s next effort over the bar.Lopes then saved another, this time from Matej Mitrovic, but there was no second let off for Besiktas as Maxime Gonalons converted Lyon’s eighth kick.United, the last remaining English side in Europe, took the lead in the 10th minute through Henrikh Mkhitaryan but Sofiane Hanni brought Anderlecht, winners of both the old European Cup Winners’ Cup and the UEFA Cup, back level in the 32nd minute.After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who later went off with a potentially serious knee injury, wasted two great chances in the final stages of normal time, the contest went into extra time and Rashford settled the tie with a fine finish early in the second period.Pione Sisto scored a spectacular goal to put Celta ahead against Genk as he won the ball in midfield, burst forward and unleashed an unstoppable effort into the roof of the net.Leandro Trossard replied four minutes later for the Belgian hosts but they were unable to find a winner.